AIM is seeking to grow new ministries in West Africa.
Vision and Strategy
Gospel ministry is still in its initial stages in this part of West Africa, and those currently working in the area have encouraged AIM to send workers to join them. By proclaiming in a culturally-sensitive manner and by living gospel-shaped lives in this challenging context, workers may make vital contributions to the advance of the kingdom of God.
Long term workers will initially be seconded to current ministries for about two years. They will be engaged in businesses or professional placements and will use the opportunities that God brings through them to share their faith. It is hoped that after this initial period new strategies for reaching unreached people in this area will be established in the light of the fresh understanding acquired.
Ministry and type of work
Workers will focus on their professional identity, learning language and gaining cultural understanding. All of this will be done with the aim of living an intentional Christian lifestyle and appropriately sharing the gospel at every possible opportunity.
Qualifications and experience
- Professional certifications or relevant experience in the field you will work in-country.
- Business experience and previous cross-cultural experience in West African culture are desirable.
What are the personal (not academic) characteristics required?
- Bold proclaimer of Jesus
- Loves Jesus in a personal way
- Healthy and growing spiritual life
- Able to take initiative and also work as part of a team
- Able to cope with extremes of temperatures
This is for both long term and short term placements.