Could you befriend and witness to people from African unreached people groups living in France?
A growing number of Africans are migrating to Europe. It is estimated that 1.5 million Africans entered Europe between 2015-2016, and current trends point to that number increasing. Many African diaspora churches are also growing, and we want to partner with them to reach their new neighbours.
Vision and Strategy
Our vision is to use what we have learned in ministry among unreached people groups in Africa to reach the growing population of Africans now living in Europe. We want to partner with churches, other organisations and local ministries to reach internationals living in multiple cities in France so that they come to faith in Christ and, in turn, reach others around them with the gospel.
We want to ensure that there is a viable gospel witness among such communities through establishing prayer movements for such unreached people and placing workers and teams to strategic cities. These teams will share the good news of Jesus through their words and actions.
With a holistic approach to ministry that demonstrates the compassion of Christ, we want to serve the practical needs of internationals while also making disciples who in turn will reach their own families and neighbourhoods. We want to help local churches expand their reach and effectiveness by placing both long term workers and short term teams.
Ministry and type of work
Multiple locations in France are available, and ministry could take varied forms. The focus will be on unreached Africans, although ministry will reach other internationals too. There will be lots of opportunities to befriend and disciple others; and outreach activities will be done alongside seeking to mobilise local Christians to join in the ministry.
- Foster prayer and develop prayer strategy
- Seek out friendships with international students and others, and share the gospel with them
- Begin discovery Bible studies with seekers, while discipling them towards faith and maturity
- Serve in the activities of our local partner organisation in France
- Cast the vision for the ministry and mobilise locals to join in the ministry to international students
- Connect with local churches, ministries and leaders to make network of likeminded people with goal of reproducing disciples among internationals, with priority for unreached Africans
Qualifications and experience
- Teaching English as a Second Language is helpful, as is previous experience with internationals
- Experience in disciple-making experience
- Training is on-the-job
What are the personal (not academic) characteristics required?
- Expectant for people to become Christians
- Heart for discipleship
- Team player
AIM long term members will be placed among partner ministries, and short term teams will support and expand the reach of existing ministries. Housing will be paid for by the member out of their regular support.