Do you have a passion for Christ and making his name known? Consider giving yourself to ministry among African diaspora in Spain.
The province of Malaga is located on the southern coast of Spain on the Mediterranean Sea. Only 130 kilometres from the Moroccan coast it’s not surprising that over the last few years there has been a sharp increase in the numbers of newly arrived African migrants- AIM seeks to work with its local partners to reach this ‘African diaspora’ with the gospel. Spain is part of the European Union and has religious freedom. Almost seventy percent of Spaniards are Catholic.
Vision & Strategy
We desire to see partnership with local ministries result in unreached African and other UPGs becoming disciples of Jesus and gathering together with others in small reproducing house churches, as part of the wider body of Christ. Working in partnership with Tharsis’ Betel and Diez 42, this team will invest in refugees and migrants in the Malaga region area and help expand the work.
Ministry and type of work
Diez 42 is a Spanish non-profit organization formed to serve those in need in Málaga. Diez 42 is designed to be a place for immigrants, refugees and others new to Spain to find friends, gain skills, and to receive other practical help and better integrate into their new community. Through language classes, job training, activities for parents, exercise, art and more, refugees and migrants will have a greater sense of dignity and value in their new home.
Working with Diez42, the team will prioritize:
- Relationships/prioritize people/compassion/discipleship
- Integrity/transparency (in all of our dealings)
• Unity/teamwork (working together, working out of gifts – collaboration)
Qualifications and Experience
- Required: Degree or diploma (often needed for visa purposes); SYIS or comparable training;
- Must be passionate about disciple-making, casting vision, and partnering with national believers to grow the disciple-making movement in Malaga and beyond. Someone who comes a learner; displays sacrificial love; strong prayer life; able to help others develop their gifts. Has a strong passion for Christ and making His name known; flexibility; humility; eagerness to learn. Someone who is able to take initiative and is a self-starter.
Spanish can be learned on the field.