Could you live in an Islamic country, teach English as a second language and seek opportunities to speak to those you get to know about Jesus?
Work among a Muslim people group, where 99.99% follow Islam. As the government actively work against Christians sharing their faith; new local believers face persecution from their families and imprisonment. But God is moving!
Vision & Strategy
AIM seeks workers to join a team to live, work and minister to people that have never before heard the good news of Jesus Christ. There is no church (with just a handful of believers) among millions of people and the need is extreme. You must have a certainty about God’s call on your life to minister to these desperate people. You will learn the local language and culture and then will share the gospel as you build relationships through English teaching in one of the company’s English centres.
Ministry and type of work
English is a highly desired skill and so you will be meeting a real felt need. As you seek to help the local people with their English you will get to know people outside of class and you will share who you are – including intentionally sharing your faith and trust in Jesus. Building relationships in this context takes a long time with many ups and downs but you will be supported by your team and have regular one-on-one times with your team leader.
Qualifications & Experience
- A recognised English teaching qualification such as TEFL or TESL
- Experience of teaching English as a foreign language in the UK context
- Experience of sharing the good news with those from this majority world religion
- A clear leading from God to work in this creative access context
- 100 committed prayer-supporters to regularly lift you in prayer