Could you use your teaching skills to support the children of mission workers in Chad?
Founded in 2010 by Africa Inland Mission, Wellspring Academy is a day school in N’djamena, Chad, dedicated to providing quality education for the children of cross-cultural Christian workers serving there.
Wellspring has about 30 children in grades 1 – 8 (ages 6-14). There are three full-time teachers, teaching multi-grade classes and who also support home schooled children and their parents in Chad.
There are regular vacancies for teachers to support this work long or short term.
Ministry and Type of Work
There are two main aspects to this role; working at Wellspring Academy and supporting families who home-school in the area.
AIM is searching for a qualified primary teacher for one year, two years, or for longer to join this staff.
Each teacher needs to be experienced, certified, and enthusiastic about the work God is doing in Chad. Cross-cultural experience and multi-grade teaching experience would both be helpful but are not essential.
Experience and Qualifications
- Required – teaching qualification
- Required – At least one year of teaching experience.
- Desired – French language ability.
- A sense of God’s call to minister to missionary children & their families and a love for missionary children & their families.
- Must be flexible, have good organisational skills and be willing to travel to visit families in remote locations.
- Start date: September or January depending on timing and needs of school
- Duration: Minimum one year
- Accomodation would be provided on the school compound