Could you use your teaching skills and experience to help missionary children learn at Rift Valley Academy in Kenya?
RVA is a Christian boarding school in central Kenya with over a hundred years of rich history. They serve about 500 missionary children representing 30 nationalities and 80 mission organizations and churches, and also accommodate a small number of Kenyan national students and expatriate, non-mission students.
Ministry and type of work
We’re looking for both primary and secondary school teachers to join Rift Valley Academy, AIM’s boarding school in Kenya. Could you join a team committed to providing a safe, loving and nurturing environment for students as they are discipled and educated towards their potential in Christ? An up to date list of current needs is available on the RVA website here.
You would design, deliver, and evaluate quality instruction while meeting the needs of a diverse body of students. The roles would include:
– Teaching the established curriculum in the assigned subject area.
– Helping with weekend activities.
– Loving and nurturing the students in your class, giving them a love for learning.
Qualifications and Experience
– Two years teaching experience.
– Ideally it would be good if you have experience teaching students who have English as a second language.
– Ideally training in curriculum development.
What are the personal (not academic) characteristics required?
– Able to confront
– High energy
– Values appropriate discipline
– Committed to investing in young people
– Team player
– Willing to have an open home
– Willing to submit to authority
Start date: as soon as available and in coordination with the rest of the team
Duration: positions at RVA can be filled by long or short term candidates, although the preference is usually for those who can commit at least 2 years.
Resources to promote this opportunity
Use these videos and images to help you promote this opportunity on social media or in your church.