Are you an experienced theological educator who could help to develop curriculum and deliver training and preparation for church leaders in Tanzania?
Despite the growth of the church, there are still a number of unreached people groups in Tanzania. AIM’s goal is to work together with national church partners to see the Gospel taken to those who have not yet heard.
Until 1989 the Africa Inland Church (AIC) had only two Bible Training Schools. The AIC in Tanzania (AICT) had to rely on colleges and institutions outside Tanzania. As the AICT grew, it became obvious that the church needed its own theological college to meet the growing need for leaders able to confront the many challenges it was facing.
In January of 1989, Nassa Theological College (NTC) accepted eight students and began classes. Today NTC continues to experience God’s blessing as he continues to cause it to grow and equip men and women with Biblical training and skills for ministry.
Vision & Strategy
While Christianity is growing throughout Africa, there are few colleges that offer the needed training to Christian leaders who want to spread God’s message.
Nassa Theological College is committed to train servant leaders zealously to the supremacy of Christ and his Word in all things and for all peoples.
Their vision is to help provide strong Biblical training and discipleship for national church leaders and missionaries who will strengthen the church and be involved with evangelism in Tanzania, and beyond.
Ministry and Type of Work
We are looking for theological educators to help develop curriculums, and to deliver training and preparation for church leaders in Tanzania, that will help develop a missional mindset. The following programs are offered at NTC:
- AIU Diploma in Theology*. This is a two-year program provides Biblical and theological foundations, as well as specific and practical training for various Christian ministries and missions.
- Certificate in Theology. This is a one-year program intended to train Christians and church leaders who would like to learn about God’s word and add church ministry skills.
- Certificate in Christian Ministries (Women) – delivered in Swahili
- Youth Ministry Program. This is a multi-block, two-year program that is aimed at teaching and equipping youth leaders and pastors with the necessary skills to teach and train youth in the Church.
Housing will be available to those working at the college. We are looking for a minimum commitment of 2+ years
Qualifications and Experience
- One year (minimum) Bible qualification (Master degree preferred)
- Experienced teacher
- Experience in African church work
- Swahili is the most widely spoken language in Tanzania and will therefore be useful in day to day living, but most of the training offered at the college is delivered in English.