Could you use your teaching skills to serve the children of mission workers in Uganda by helping to develop and deliver curriculum, as well as discipling students in their individual walks with Christ?
Acacia International School is an independent, Christian international school located in Muyenga, Kampala. Their goal is to provide an academically excellent and balanced education in an environment that reflects the love, joy and peace of Christ. They have two campuses, the Junior School for Early Years to Grade 5 and Senior School for Grades 6-12. In elementary and middle school they follow a North American Classical curriculum that is designed for an international setting. In secondary or high school they offer the Cambridge IGCSEs and A-levels. You can find out more on their website
Vision & Strategy
Acacia’s vision is to educate and inspire servant leaders for Christ. Their mission is to glorify Christ by providing a rigorous and balanced education that motivates students to excel academically and live out a Biblical worldview. They serve Ugandan, international, and missionary families.
Ministry & Type of Work
There are a number of subjects which need additional teaching resource including English, Maths, Economics, Science, Bible, History, Geography, PE, French, Music, Art, SEN, or Counseling. We are looking for people with relevant experience who could commit to a minimum of one year to serve at Acacia International School, helping to develop the curriculum and work together with staff to deliver it to students. This opportunity also enables you to come alongside the students and disciple them.
Qualification & Experience
- Previous experience in teaching is required, preferably in a diverse setting.
- Knowledge and ability to teach IGCSE would be an advantage but not essential. This could be teaching English, Math, Economics, Science, Bible, History, Geography, PE, French, Music, Art, SEN, or Counseling.
- A fully certified Teaching qualification in at least two of the above subjects.
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Evidence of a strong Christian faith and a desire to communicate that to others.
- Good social skills.
- Start Date: August or January each year depending on the needs in the school.
- Duration: minimum of one year
Resources to promote this opportunity
Use these videos and images to help you promote this opportunity on social media or in your church.