Could you use your teaching skills and experience to help missionary children learn French at Rift Valley Academy in Kenya?
RVA is a Christian boarding school in central Kenya with over a hundred years of rich history. They serve about 500 missionary children representing 30 nationalities and 80 mission organizations and churches, and also accommodate a small number of Kenyan national students and expatriate, non-mission students.
Ministry and type of work
We’re looking for a teacher to join Rift Valley Academy, AIM’s boarding school in Kenya. Could you join a team committed to providing a safe, loving and nurturing environment for students as they are discipled and educated towards their potential in Christ?
You would design, deliver, and evaluate quality instruction while meeting the needs of a diverse body of students. The role includes:
– Teaching the established curriculum in the assigned subject area.
– Helping with weekend activities for grades 7-12.
– Loving and nurturing the students in your class, giving them a love for learning.
Qualifications and Experience
– Two years French teaching experience.
– Ideally it would be good if you have experience teaching students who have English as a second language.
– Ideally training in curriculum development.
What are the personal (not academic) characteristics required?
– Able to confront
– High energy
– Values appropriate discipline
– Committed to investing in young people
– Team player
– Willing to have an open home
– Willing to submit to authority
Start date: as soon as available and in coordination with the rest of the team
Duration: positions at RVA can be filled by long or short term candidates, although the preference is usually for those who can commit at least 2 years.